Recently Microsoft announced a new way customers can buy and consume licensing through the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program: The new commerce experience (NCE).
In March 2022, Microsoft is launching the next phase of the new commerce experience, NCE for seat-based offers in CSP, as part of a transformational journey that is going to offer a streamlined and improved purchasing experience. This change will provide greater flexibility and a cost-effective solution.
1. Price increase
In addition to the launch of NCE for seat-based offers, there will be a price increase that will take effect on March 1st, 2022 for the following subscriptions:
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Office 365 E1, E3 and E5
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium
To learn more about the subscriptions that will be affected by these changes, read our previous article.
2. Open License to CSP Migration
Customers can now purchase perpetual licenses along with cloud services via a CSP partner and move away from the Open License program.
3. New Commerce Experience in CSP for Azure
The MCA streamlines your Azure purchasing with no length required, reducing your administrative tasks and administrative overhead. Simply accept the Microsoft Customer Agreement and take advantage of new invoice and cost management capabilities. This helps you understand and optimize your Azure costs, all in the same portal where you manage your Azure services.
4. New commerce experience in CSP for seat-based offers
Beginning March 10th, 2022, customers can purchase Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Power Platform in the new commerce experience. The NCE for seat-based offers in CSP delivers a consistent, simplified, and flexible purchase experience for customers.
Key dates that you should be aware of
- January 1st, 2022: Open Volume License purchase channel will no longer available. New license-only software licenses will need to be transacted through Microsoft Partners in the CSP program.
- January 10th, 2022: General-availability release of commercial seat-based offers in CSP new commerce
- March 1st, 2022: Microsoft 365 subscription prices will increase. Audio Conferencing will be added to some Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- March 10th, 2022: New subscription orders, offers, and renewals will be exclusive to the NCE for seat-based offers in the CSP program .
- July 1st, 2022: Last day to renew legacy CSP subscriptions.
Partner with a Microsoft Licensing expert
Our licensing specialists at Venti Exchange can help you navigate through these changes without complexity and lock in savings before prices go up in March.
Transitioning to the NCE for seat-based offers with a certified partner with more than a decade of experience will get you the best deal and maximize the value of your IT investment, regardless of where you are on your journey.