To continue with their digital transformation, Microsoft has created a new commerce experience. In June 2021, we talked about the option of buying Azure services through the Microsoft Customer Agreement. Now, on September 20 2021, Microsoft announced the launch of the next phase, in which seat-based subscriptions (Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, Power Platform, and Windows 365) will join Azure in the new commerce experience (NCE). Seat-based subscriptions will be available from January 10th, 2022.
What is a Microsoft seat-based offer?
A seat-based offer is a subscription “per seat” for one user, regardless of how many devices they’re using. A seat-based subscription is available for these services offered in the Microsoft cloud through the Microsoft Customer Agreement:
- Microsoft 365— A solution that enhances productivity and collaboration. It drives innovation to connect and empower every employee, from the office to the frontline worker.
- Windows 365—A complete software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that streams a personalized, secure, and scalable Windows experience
- Dynamics 365—Intelligent business applications that empowers teams to deliver operational excellence and provides more engaging customer experiences
- Power Platform—A collection of products that help you build end-to-end business solutions that accelerate business growth
How to subscribe to seat-based offers
1. From Microsoft via Web Direct
Organizations can purchase licenses directly from Microsoft through their online store. This is best suited for organizations that don’t need technical support assistance or special terms for billing.
2. From a Microsoft Partner via the Cloud Solution Provider program
A partner can provide unique services and solution offerings to help with your digital transformation. Whether you want to go month-to-month or commit to a longer duration, a partner like Venti Exchange can help you create the best solution for your organization.
Microsoft will continue to expand the new commerce experience across multiple products, so, your organization, regardless of size, can engage Microsoft through different purchasing options that are suited to your needs. Buying from a partner in the CSP program is ideal for organizations that prefer outsourcing cloud infrastructure to expert partners or need managed services for part of their business.
To learn more about Microsoft licensing and subscriptions, please reach out, we’re ready to help maximize the value of your Microsoft cloud environment.
You might also like: