In December 2022, Microsoft announced the availability of Microsoft Teams Premium on preview through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, for commercial customers to try for a limited time. In addition to this, they also announced that the General availability to purchase this new product is scheduled for early February 2023 for customers with existing Microsoft 365 or Office 365 licenses.
What can you do with Microsoft Teams Premium in preview?
- Extend your organization’s brand and company culture – It offers the capability to add your branding to your meetings, use organization backgrounds, and organization together mode scenes.
- Use AI to make meetings more productive and impactful – Whether you attend these meetings or not, with live translation for captions will help remove language barriers. Intelligent features will offer smarter recordings with autogenerated chapters, AI suggestions on action items, and insights to rapidly catch up on missed meetings where your name was mentioned.
- Advanced meeting protection – With watermark, end-to-end encryption for meetings, and sensitivity labels for meetings with copy/paste prevention for meeting’s chats, you can make your virtual meetings more secure.
- High-quality webinar experience – You can streamline event logistics with registration waitlist, and manual approval, as well as making it easier for presenters with the virtual green room before the event begins. Presenters can also manage attendee experience so only participants can see shared content.
- Manage end-to-end virtual appointment experience – With features such as text reminders, custom branded virtual appointments, and centralized Virtual Appointment dashboard.
How can I enroll for the preview?
As mentioned earlier in this post, admins can access and enroll in this trial through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. All you have to do is search ‘’Teams Premium’’ in the catalog, and once enrolled and activated, tenant admins will receive a limited number of trial licenses with a duration of 30 days that they will be able to assign to users in their organization.
Admins can also enroll in the public preview to gain access to Teams Premium features without assigning the trial licenses to end users.
For more information about this new product or for help activating this trial, please contact one of our Microsoft licensing experts, we are happy to help.