On March 18, 2022, Microsoft announced changes to the cancellation-window duration for commercial seat-based offers in CSP new commerce. These changes went into effect that same day, at 5 PM Pacific Time.
With this new cancellation window, you have seven calendar days for cancellations and/or license reductions, instead of the 72-hour window you had before.
Microsoft made this change with the objective of providing additional time to make post-purchase corrections to orders.
This new cancellation window is now enabled for the following commercial subscription scenarios:
- New seat-based subscription purchases on new commerce
- Seat-based subscriptions that have been renewed on new commerce
- Seat-based subscriptions purchased on new commerce because of a migration from legacy CSP
- Partial new commerce upgrades that resulted in a new subscription
- Reducing seats from incremental seat adds on existing subscriptions or on new subscription orders
Just like it was for the 72-hour window, charges for canceled subscriptions or seat reductions will be prorated from the time the subscription started, until a cancellation or reduction happens. To see cancellation and charges examples, please visit this page.
*Note: The seven-day window applies retroactively to subscriptions purchased seven days prior to when this change went into effect (starting March 12, 2022 at 12 AM UTC).
To know more details about this change or to receive help with cancellations and reductions, please contact us today. Our licensing experts are happy to help.