The well-known Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) has been a long-preferred option for organizations that could meet its minimum requirements. However, since the Microsoft CSP (Cloud Solution Provider) program came out in 2014, it has brought flexibility for Microsoft licensing purchases.
Microsoft CSP is the best licensing option for organizations with up to 500 users to license their Microsoft Cloud Services. This program allows SMBs to start an agreement with little upfront investment, as well as the flexibility to make changes at the pace of growth of their business.
Although this seems like a better option for SMBs, the CSP program is also a good option for larger enterprises, as it offers potential better pricing and support. But…
Why does the Microsoft CSP program is the best option for Microsoft Cloud Licensing?
- It only requires a minimum of 1 license (of any type), whereas EA requires a minimum of 500 Enterprise Product Licenses. I.e., Office 365 E1, E3, E5, or legacy on premises licensing like Office and Core CALs).
- There is no need for upfront payments, as EA requires annual upfront payment, CSP offers monthly payment plans.
- Side-by-side, 24/7 support. Support and agreements on the CSP are provided by a Cloud Solution Provider like Venti Exchange and Team Venti. A CSP can get to work closer with your team, get to know your business requirements and concerns, as well as provide better SLAs.
At the beginning of 2022, Microsoft made some changes to the CSP program by introducing the New Commerce Experience (NCE). Adding to the benefits listed above the following:
- Best pricing. While the NCE now requires a one-year commitment in order to get better pricing, you can still opt to be billed monthly with annual commitment
- There is still a month-to-month no commitment option. With a 20% increase in the prices (compared to the annual commitment), this option offers flexibility to reduce user counts at the end of each monthly term.
- 7-day cancellation window. After making your purchase, you have 7 days to make any changes or cancellations.
*Note: Charges for cancelled subscriptions or seat reductions will be prorated from the time the subscription starts, until a cancellation or reduction happens.
- Annual and monthly commitments can be combined. In case you need the month-to-month flexibility for your 3-month internship program members and annual commitment for the more permanent users.
For more information about the CSP program, assisted purchases, and more, book a personalized no-cost consultation with one of our Microsoft Licensing experts, today.